My name is Phil Taylor and I created beststeeringwheellock.com to review steering wheel locks and other security devices. After having many cars stolen or having some break in I wanted to boost security within my car.
In this review, we will take a look at the Stoplock Original the pros and cons of the steering wheel lock and finally look at my recommendations and alternatives.
First, we will take a look at the general size and feel of the Stoplock Original Steering wheel lock.
Dimensions and Size.
The steering wheel lock comes in at 2.12 kg with a thickness of 93mm, width of 100mm and length of 627mm.
The Stoplock original definitely has a visual deterrent and comes with a flashing led light. It’s bright yellow with a grey top (see pictures below) It feels sold to touch with a clamping mechanism to go around the steering wheel of your car.
- A steering wheel lock that helps to prevent your car from being stolen
- A robust physical and visual deterrent
- 5 yr guarantee, 10,000 key combinations, extra keys may be purchased
- Has a flashing LED and snaps shut without the key
- Quick and easy to fit - see the short video on the left
Last update on 2022-08-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
- The Stoplock Original is a cost-effective solution to a steering wheel lock and comes from a recognised brand.
- Features a flashing led warning
- 10,000 key combinations.
- The original can be fitted in seconds.
- Its the original car steering wheel lock.
- Made from high-grade materials.
- Easy to fit.
- Fits older vehicles with thinner steering wheels.
- Offers additional security at night.
- The older model offers less security.
- The clamp may damage the steering wheel.
- The clamp may not fit the steering wheel.
- Could be easier to remove than newer models.
- Doesn’t fit modern steering wheels.
Would You Buy A Stoplock Original Steering Wheel?
No, is the simple answer. I wouldn’t run the risk of damaging my steering wheel for a bit more money you can upgrade to the Stoplock Pro or Pro Elite as they offer a better way of securing your car without damaging the steering wheel if fitted correctly. Please check out a full review of the Stoplock Original or alternative and a full review of the Pro and Elite.
Final Thoughts on the Stoplock original steering wheel lock.
There are better options when it comes to car steering wheel locks. This product is light and may not fit your steering wheel or go around your airbag. We feel the Elite is a better option to go for orthe Pro models (they don’t come with a flashing warning led). Even though the Original is made from high-grade steel and does provide additional security there are better locks in its category. Most of the links above offer next working day delivery feel free to check them out yourself.